Wednesday, June 3

My Little Potted Garden!

This year I decided I was going to grow a garden. This is a huge deal for me because I can't keep plants alive for anything. Every single plant I've ever owned has died on my. I've killed a calla lily, a Christmas cactus, and a spider plant.

So what made me think that I could grow garden plants? I'm not really sure. I just love fresh produce and I can never make it to the farmers market. So I guess a garden is the next best thing. Right?

I have narrowed my plants down to the ones that I can make salsa out of. I have a Roma tomato plant, a green pepper plant, a hot pepper plant, a number of different herbs. Maybe next year I'll try a few more plants.

So so far so good. The tomato plant is just growing like crazy. It's easily three times the size of when I bought it. And all the herbs have sprouted. Yeah.

I'm so excited about this. Like I said before, I can't keep a plant living to save my life. So hopefully I'll be able to keep these plants living, and before long, I'll actually have some veggies to show for it.

6 comments:

Tina said...

Not sure if you've researched and already know, but it's a good idea to fertilize potted plants since the nutrients in the dirt get used up more quickly. Also, a little moss or wood chips over the bare dirt helps to hold in the moisture. Your plants look great! Mine aren't that big yet.

Victoria said...

Oh i didn't thing about the wood chips. I'm good on the fertilization. But I have to go add some wood chips. Thanks for the info

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Oh, you are like me and have a black thumb. LOL I have killed those and more. I grew tomato plants one year and they were the Big Boy tomatoes. Out of 5 tomato plants, I got 3 cherry tomatoes. LOL

Melissa said...

I wish you good luck. I love fresh veggies, right from the garden too. We have had tomatoes already this year. We are still waiting on the cukes, and peppers.

brokenteepee said...

It does take a special talent to kill a spider plant....

Good luck with your garden! The male person around here is the one with the green thumb

HOMER said...

wow thanks for this!! cool pots and plants!

Hi there! Visiting you! Hope you visit my blog here www.iamstayingalive.blogspot.com and please VOTE FOR it at this site WWW.SALASWILDTHOUGHTS.BLOGSPOT.COM to be THE FILIPINO BLOG OF THE WEEK.

The poll is at the bottom right side bar of the site, just choose IAMSTAYINGALIVE thanks!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails