Friday, June 19

Sorry for the Absence

So I have been completely absent from the online world lately. I've had so many things happen all at once, it's just been crazy here. I ended my research position with pathology and started a new position in a different department. J started a new class; which is Mon and Wed and lasts till 9:00/9:30, so we don't get home until 10:00 those nights. I don't have a car because my tires wore really funny, and they are a danger to drive on. So I'm waiting on my new set to come in. It's hard not having a car. It's killing me. Also my mom's dog just had puppies. Don't worry I'll have pictures and the back story this weekend. They are super cute. And now that it's summer, well a free weekend is a thing of the past. So it's been crazy here and I want to apologize to my readers that I've been seriously behind on new blog posts, new item, etc., etc. I promise to be back to normal in a week or two.

I do have one thing to show off. With all the craziness that's going on, me and J went out and got ourselves new phones. We both were using 5+ year old phones that didn't keep a charge for more then a few hours, were acting up, and well, they were just old. We've never been the couple to have the most trendy phones, we pretty much just needed something to make phone calls with. But after my PDA crapped out on me last winter, I needed a replacement. I have been looking at smart phones for a while now, trying to decided which one is right for me. I needed one that had a large screen like my PDA, one that had WiFi, so I could get my email on the road, one that had maps or GPS (oh did we miss this after the PDA died), one that was easy to use, and of course make phone calls. So after doing months, and months of research (hey I am a research assistant), I decided on one.


Me and J both got iPhones. It was a difficult decision, with all the cool smart phones out there, but the iPhone met both of our needs. And I can say, I have used it extensively since we got them. I have a bunch of apps that make my life a lot easier, I have pictures of all my work uploaded, I have Internet access where ever I am, and it is a whole lot of fun. This is a picture of mine in it's crazy bright green case (sorry for the picture, I took it at my desk at work). I really am happy with it, and I'm learning about new functions all the time. This phone isn't for everyone, but it is a perfect match for me and J. (and J's dad loved it. I've never seen him interested in something electronic before, but he couldn't put it down that last time we were over there. It was cute.)

So as I said before, I'll be back to my normal self again soon (I hope). Please keep stopping by to check for me returning to normal. I'm working on my next challenge piece. I'll have pictures of it soon. This one is crazy.

5 comments:

Meghann said...

Nice phone! I hope things calm down for you soon :)

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Nice phone :)

:-) MaryLou said...

Hopefully you're settling into your new job and your life will start to calm back down.

I've been looking at the iPhones too, and wondering whether I should get one. It sure would be nice to be able to access the internet from anywhere. This from someone with three computers in the house... and that's a problem WHY???
:-)

Victoria said...

Thank you!

Mary Lou, I'm hoping life starts to calm down soon. :) It's a pretty nice phone. I can check my email and the weather from anywhere now. It's great. We have 3 computers too, isn't that normal?

Corinne said...

Wow lady, you have been busy! I'm glad you switched jobs...hopefully your a little more content.

Love the phone. I've been thinking about an iphone. Can I ask what your monthly $$$ is with that thing and all the apps? I imagine it's a lot easier than schleping a phone and laptop around.

Related Posts with Thumbnails