Tuesday, December 29

My New Creation!

I am pleased to introduce my newest creation. I haven't thought of a name for it yet, but I'm working on it (you know the holidays and all).

I received these lovely beads from ArtBeads.com a few weeks ago and couldn't wait to get started. I have decided that this blogger program is a fantastic way for me to push myself and try something new each time. This is the perfect opportunity for me to leave my comfort zone and explore new techniques and ideas.

I'm not a huge fan of fringe; I love the way fringe looks, but hate working it up. It's time consuming and well just seems to give me trouble every time I try. But this time I was determined to make it work; the beautiful Czech glass leaves I received were definitely inspiration. They were absolutely lovely. It was very difficult to pick just a few from ArtBeads large collection of glass beads.

I also decided to try a new bead stitch; St. Petersburg. I've always loved how it looks, but just never tried it. So I used black and blue seed beads to create a delicate beaded necklace that compliments the fringe and flower pendents. I think this stitch looks like vines growing on a stone wall. Very natural and organic. I'm really happy with how it turned out and have a few more ideas on how to use it in the future.

I am also in love with these fabulous Hill Tribe Silver Flower Pendents. I've always wanted to order some of these flower pendents, but just never have. They are absolute stunners. ArtBeads has a fantastic selection of Hill Tribe Silver Beads and Pendants. Each silver item made individually by the Karen Hill Tribe in northern Thailand. Just beautiful.

I finished this necklace off with beaded end caps and a wonderful Bali Sterling Silver "S" clasp. I am really happy with how this necklace turned out. It looks so pretty on, it's definitely on my list of favorites.


Disclosure - I have received these products from ArtBeads free of charge to honestly review. I have not been paid for this post.

9 comments:

WillOaks Studio said...

that new piece is just stunning! I can see why it would land on your list of favorites. I really enjoy some of the items Artbeads has to offer, too, so it's very cool to see this collaboration between you and them!

BeadedTail said...

Such a beautiful necklace and I love the colors you chose!

Split Rock Ranch said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors.

Unknown said...

I love these colours.
Wonderful!

I came here to wish you a very happy new year.
I hope some of your dreams come true.
:)

Victoria said...

Thank you all! I'm really pleased with how this turned out. :)

Laane - Thank you and happy new year to you too :)

Hot Rocks said...

Your new necklace is so pretty! I love that indigo blue color. I have used the Hill Tribe silver flowers before and they are so beautiful. They are a nice addition, and are a nice compliment to the blue color. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Really lovely necklace. Great colour.
I am tempted to try working with Hill Tribe silver too. They do really pretty things.
Happy New Year!
Anna

storybeader said...

what a beautiful necklace. Love the way it's balanced! ♫Happy New Year♫

Dana said...

Wow! Love that necklace. Such beautiful work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails