Tuesday, August 10

Getting Ready!

Well as normal, life is just crazy around here.  Can I even consider it crazy if we're so use to it being this way, or is this just normal now?  Oh I really hope not.  I really hope things can become a little less stressful and calm down a little bit.  But I what can I do, oh yeah, I can bead :-D

I have been working on a few new projects as of late.  I'm about 3/4 of the way done with my latest beaded bottle.  I can't wait to finish that one up.  It's gonna look pretty cool.

I also have been working on next month's EBW challenge piece.  I'm really happy with how it's turning out and I think it goes great with the BollyWood theme.  Hopefully I'll have that done by the end of the month and I won't miss the deadline.

crappy picture of 1st spiral rope
I have discovered spiral ropes.  I absolutely love making them.  They are quick to work up and have such a nice delicate look to them.  I'm currently working on my third one.

Here is my first attempt at one. I used black and silver seed beads to create an elegant look.  I then made my stitches larger at the bottom, so that the necklace had a nice lacy, loopy look to it.  I was so happy with this one that I imediatly started working on another.  That one is the necklace for my challenge piece, so no peaking until I finish.

Last night I started on a light blue and white spiral rope.  I'm using a larger white bead to make the necklace more substantial, but it still has a wonderful delicate feel to it.  I should be able to finish that one by the weekend, so stay tuned for pictures.


And if our personal lives weren't enough, I have my next round of art and craft shows coming up.  It was a nice month break, but back to work for me.

This Sunday I will be at the 6th annual Summer Craftacular.  I'm pretty excited about this show.  It's going to be held at the East Side Club, which is a great supper club right on lake Monnona here in Madison.  I'll be at booth #77 outside on the lawn (overlooking the lake).  So if you're in the area stop by and see some the really great artists.  There will be something for everyone.  Both the upper bar and the tiki bar will be open and there will be food.  Fun times for all.  Now I just hope I can get my 15% off coupons done and turned in so that they are in the goody bags (the first 50 people get a goody bag stuffed full of fun stuff).  I better finish those up and get my butt to the post office tonight.

Now I'm headed back to the daily grind.  J and I are hoping to share some exciting news with everyone soon, but we have to wait a couple weeks still to get word back.  It will hopefully bring big changes to our lives (and way more craziness), but it will be worth it.  We're ready to take that next step in our lives (it's not a baby, that isn't on the agenda for a couple more years).  

And while I'm talking about J, the band has a show on August 16th at the High Noon Saloon in Madison.  You should check them out if you're in the neighborhood.  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails