Tuesday, September 7

Music Influences

I have been working on a number of different projects lately that have been inspired by music.  I have always loved music and have always had music in my life.  My dad is a musician, playing both guitar and piano.  My brother is also a musician, he sings and plays guitar.  And as most of you know, J is a musician.  He plays lead guitar in his ska band.  So my life is filled with music.

I have been using all of this as inspiration as of late.  I have been working on some larger projects (that I hope to have a finished project soon to take pictures of) as well as some smaller, simpler ones.  I have been having fun playing with all the guitar strings that J has given me over the years.  I have so many ideas for them.

I also have some guitar pick necklaces.  I have been making these for some time and selling them at shows for about 3 years now.  But it just recently dawned on me to put some of them up in my Etsy store.

I use a little tiny rivet on each pick to make sure that they don't break and I string them on leather or ball chain.  I really like the way the tiny rivet makes them look, and it gives them extra strength (I've had some of these in the past that were easily broken).  It just gives them a finished look.  I have a pink necklace and I love it.  I use to wear it everyday, but I haven't worn it in a while.  I think I need to get that little guy out.

I am looking into getting a dye cutting machine that will allow me to make my own guitar picks, so that way I can make them in what ever colors or styles I wanted.  But I'm still on the fence about this, maybe I'll see after Christmas.  

Click HERE to check out all the guitar themed items in my etsy store.

1 comment:

storybeader said...

I love those guitar pick necklaces! They are so cute. Music is so soothing and uplifting - I love it too! {:-Deb

Related Posts with Thumbnails