Monday, February 21

WIP - Beaded Brooches

So I have been having a bunch of fun making these bead embroidered brooches.  I love how simple they are.  Nothing fancy, just a lovely cab and some even more lovely beads around that cab.  They really are fun and pretty.  I have two almost done.  I just need to wait for the glue to dry on the backing and then they can have the beaded edge sewn on, and DONE!

The first one is the more "fancy" one.  I'm not a huge fan of orange, but I love this one.  The way the hex cut beads sparkle in the light.  The way the rich color combination just screams opulence.  I'm in love with something orange.  Weird.  Well I can't help it, look at how pretty that little guy is.

Then the next one was just a fun one that I've been working on.  It's bright and colorful and the total opposite of what the weather is like outside.  It reminds me of some place warmer, some place fun and exciting.  Maybe somewhere in the Caribbean.

This brooch has a small dark yellow cat's eye cab in the center and is surrounded by bright yellows, pinks, and teals.  Fun!

Like I said I need to get the beaded edge sewn on both of these, then they will look more complete.  I'm hoping to get that done this week sometime.  I'll be working on them between my ArtBeads project.  Which is half done (and I can't wait to show you that one, I used one of the most beautiful cameo I've ever seen on it).  And even thought we're super busy with the house, I'm excited to get some time to take pictures using my new tripod.  So don't forget to come back and see some of the other projects I've been busy with.          

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh man! Now that I have one of your pieces, I know how pretty that orange would look! Anyway, I wrote about winning your brooch on my blog. Again, thanks.
Karen

Victoria said...

You are awesome Karen. I'm so glad you like it. I'm gonna try and stop by your blog later today and comment there too. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails