Thursday, March 3

I've been crafty!

So I wrote about this on my other blog, but I was so excited with how it turned out that I decided to post a few pics over here as well (sorry for the repeat for those of you that visit both blogs ☺).  

I am dying to decorate our new house.  I mean I've sort of started, but without most all of our furniture, it's sorta hard to start decorating.  We have so much we still need; a dining room table, sofa table, side table, shelves, coffee table (a bigger one), etc.  I just can't possibly start putting out the candle holders and decorative vases until we have some of this stuff.  So I'm dying here.  I want to decorate so bad.  I want to take my picture frames and crap out of boxes and get it up.  But I have to be patient, I have to wait a little bit longer.

So to quite my frustrations, I've started to make stuff that will have a place soon.  My first project was a coffee filter wreath.  I've seen a few of these online on various blogs and really fell in love with them.  I like how they look and I couldn't wait to try and make one.  So here's mine.

I went back and forth on weather or not to dye the filters, but since we have a brown color scheme going on, I felt the tea dyed filters would fit the room better then white ones.    

I just dyed the filters with tea, let them dry, then hot glued them to a wreath form.  And this is the outcome.  I'm really liking it.  I think I might get a little bit wider ribbon, but over all I'm happy.  Even J likes it (he was a little iffy, but he always questions my DIY projects). 

I have it hanging on our horrible brown door right now, but I think I might hang it on our red wall (once it's painted).  I think it will contrast nicely with the red wall. 

But I'm just excited with how it turned out.  It looks pretty good for just a wreath made out of coffee filters, don't you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are coffee filters! You have got to be kidding...that is so cool! I thought it was muslin :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails