Friday, April 8

Out of a Rut?!?!

I've started to feel bogged down by all the work I want to do around the house and J having a show every other day (okay not exactly, but it sure feels like it).  It feels like I'm the only one who wants to do things around the house because he's so busy.  It has started to get to me, but I'm hoping the warmer weather that has finally arrived will change my mood. 

I seem to go through this cycle of being very productive and then just not even touching a bead for days.  I'm sure it doesn't help that my studio is still a pile of boxes and mess.  Or the fact that I haven't touched my torch in over a year (oh how I miss melting glass).  Or that I have to share the space with J's computer (which isn't fair because he has the garage and downstairs studio).  It's just not really an environment that produces a very productive state. 

But sometimes you just need someone to tell you that the rut will pass and things will be back to normal soon.  And I feel that's what happened.   I just needed someone to tell me to hang in there and things will calm down.  And sometimes you just need to clean up the sun porch yourself to create an awesome beading space (pictures to come).

Sneak Peak of Current Projects
Now things have not really calmed down.  J still has two shows every weekend, but I've started to put things into perspective.  And I'm trying not to take too much on and do what makes me happy. 

The result, I have been so unbelievable productive this week.  I really have. 

I finished up the bead embroidery on a cuff.  I started a beaded rope.  I am half way done with my super secret project (I'll share soon).  I started and almost finished a bead embroidered pendent.  I've started planning my ArtBead project.  And I've been sketching like crazy.   

Holy crap, that's a lot (for me).  I'm pretty proud of myself and I'm hoping that I can keep this up.  Hopefully I can balance beading and house projects for a while. 

And for an added bonus, I'm enjoying Awesome 80s Friday and new hair cut.  Have a fantastic weekend all!

Also don't forget to enter my birthday giveaway.  I'm giving away two cuffs and a gift certificate to three lucky winners this month.  All you have to do is comment.  Check out this blog post for details.  I want to celebrate my birthday by giving back to all of you that have made blogging such a wonderful experience!!!!  Thank you!       

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone goes through phases like this. And that's the point: it's a phase, and it will pass! You sound like you were devaluing your work and goals to J, which is something that most women do, subconsciously, I think to try and put others first and take care of their needs. You are exactly right to do just the things that make you happy and let the rest slip for less stressful times!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, kiddo. You have been making good use of your time by getting so much creative things done! Can't wait to see your artbeads project...hmmm....what is old is new? I'm thinking Mariam Haskell for mine! Have the design sketched out...just waiting for the beads :)

Victoria said...

Thanks guys. I'm starting to feel a little less overwhelmed. I got to bead a lot this weekend. Staying positive and productive. And this ArtBead challenge is going to be an interesting one. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails