Thursday, February 21

For a Friend

So if you remember, I mentioned last week that I was asked to make a bracelet for one of my friends.  You can read about it here if you're interested.  She wanted one of those leather and bead wrap type bracelets that are all the rage right now.  And even though I am starting to drift away from jewelry, I said I would do it.  How can you turn down a friend?

I told her I didn't really make things like that, but I would give it a try.  And this is what I came up with for my first attempt.

  
Okay, this was my second attempt.  My first attempt was pretty sad looking.  But I think this one turned out pretty great.  It's not perfect, but it taught me a lot.

So this is the one that I made for her.


Not too bad, if I don't say so myself.


It's not perfect, but I think it turned out really great.  I love the beads.  The Russian Amazonite has such pretty patterns in it.  And the natural/jade colored seed beads work really well with all the colors in the Amazonite.

I'm very happy with how it turned out, and better yet, she's extremely happy with it.  So it's a happy ending.  It was fun to make, but I think I'll be going back to beaded paintings.  I'm having too much fun with those.  And speaking of that, I should have my new skull paintings up in my etsy store soon and I have some new smaller one's coming.  Stay tuned.

Now I'm off to get as much as I can get done today, so I don't have to worry about venturing out during the snow storm that's heading our way.  Stay creative (and safe) everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails