Monday, February 11

Some new goodies

This past week was a week full of stress.  I felt (and still feel) like a total failure, in both my personal and professional lives.  Work could have been better, a lot better.  I made a huge mistake that didn't just affect me, but it affected everyone in the lab. This is just one of the many work related problems right now, some days I feel like I'm slipping, loosing my touch.  It's going to take a lot of work to fix this mistake, but I've taken full responsibility and will fix this problem.

And of course when my anxiety goes through the roof, my personal life suffers as well.  Luckily I have a boy that is super understanding and is there for me.  I don't know how I would get through this crap without him. Deep breaths, deep breaths.

There is good news.  I did have a pretty productive weekend in the bead category.  I picked up some beads for a bracelet a friend has asked me to make.  A bead store in town is closing, so they are having a close out sale.  It's too bad because it's the only store in town that carries the whole line of Delicas, so it will be greatly missed.  They are thinking of looking for a new location, so I hope they find something.

I got a LOT of beadwork done on my latest project. I'm about 80% done with all the beadwork and I'm pretty happy with it so far.  Here's a little peek at it.  I really can't wait to finish this one up.


I also finished up my first beaded skull.  I found this great frame and the thrift store a week or so ago and had planned on painting it, but I think the gold frame works great.

 
Now it's not completely finished.  I have to decide how I'm going to frame it.  Right now I just have it scotch taped to the fabric.  I plan on using a more permanent method, I just have to decide on one first. But I'm happy with it. It look just like it looked in my head, so that's a plus. As soon as I it framed, I'll put it in my esty store.

So I guess I should stop wallowing in my pity and realize that a lot of good things came to be this weekend.  That I will fix the problem at work, even if it's a huge inconvenience.  Life is good.  Bad things happen and we just work though them.  Feeling better already.

So what did everyone else do this weekend?  Do you ever feel like when it rains, it pours?     

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails