Monday, June 10

First Art Show - Taste of the Dells

We'll the first art show this season is over and done with.  It was a two day show in the Wisconsin Dells during their taste of the Dells celebration.  I would say that it was an okay show.  It definitely didn't need to be two days long, that's for sure, but it wasn't a waste of time either.

The first day started out with a drunk/high guy bothering the women in the booth next to us.  He would not leave them alone and then his language started to get a bit much (like I should talk, I swear like a sailor most of the time).  But one of the show organizers finally kicked him off the grounds.  There were plenty of interesting character, since it was the dells, but nothing like the first day.  If you have never been to the WI Dells, you should check it out, it's an interesting place.

I got to try out a new set up.  I reduced the number of things on my tables for a much less cluttered look.  I also got to use my new table risers, which worked out nicely.

I made a lot of sales on the first day.  A couple higher end sales as well.  I made plenty of little kids happy with free buttons (and a few adults as well).  I'm still not very comfortable with talking to people, but I'm working on it.

 I got good feedback on my beaded paintings.  They were a huge hit. I didn't sell any, but a lot of people were in love with them and wanted to know how they were made.

It was a mix of higher end art and some resalers, which you know I'm not a fan of shows with resalers.  But it was what it was.  Would I do this show again?  Maybe if it was only one day long.  

We did get to stay at one of the resorts, which was a nice little break.  We stayed at one of the older resorts to save some money.  It was a little dated, but was very nice and clean.  The room was huge.  We had a big king size bed and then a little living room area.

We even had this nice little deck that was overlooking the pool and water park area.  It was a tad cold and overcast for me to venture out there, but there were plenty of people enjoying the water.

They even had an outside bar.  Again, it was too cold for me to be out there.  Okay, so we went out there to look around and then went back inside to check out the two indoor pool areas.  We sat in the hot tub for a while and then enjoyed the sauna.  It was a nice ending to the day.  Relaxing together on a little mini vacation.

After the hot tub, we went back to the room and relaxed on the deck with some wine.  The lilacs were still in bloom and this massive bush was outside our room.  It smelled divine.

The next morning we got up got some coffee for J and tea for me and headed back to the show.  It sure was nice not having to set up the canopy and tables.  It only took us 20-30 minutes to get ready the next day.  Wonderful.

And the rain held off until we packed up, so that was even better.  Our ride home, it poured, but at least it didn't do that while we were at the show.

I did hit my goal for the weekend, so that was nice.  I did end the show in the black, but would have really made a nice amount of money if we didn't have to get a hotel.  But it was fun to go out for a nice dinner and then just relax with J.  We had a good friend house sit, so I knew Yoda was in good hands. So overall, it was a nice weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails