Tuesday, July 16

Art Fair on (and Off) The Square

This past weekend thousands of people descended on The Square in Madison.  It was that once a year time for Art Fair on The Square.  Where artists from all over the country come to display their works.  There were almost 500 vendors this year.   And I have to say, they were all very awesome. 


Look at this haul of cards we picked up.  J and I were down there for 4-5 hours walking around, and we could have stayed longer, but the show ended at 5:00.  We didn't buy anything, but we do plan on ordering some Christmas gifts from some of the vendors.

I just love going and looking at all the amazing art work.  Trust me, if I had a ton of money, I would have left there with so many things.

While Art Fair on the Square is obviously on the downtown square, Art Fair off the Square is also the same weekend and it's only a block away from the square.  It is put on by WAAC, the Wisconsin Alliance of Artists and Crafts People, and is only open to Wisconsin artists.

So on top of the almost 500 vendors on the square there is another 125 or so vendors on the Monona Terrace.  And they were just as awesome as the artists on the square.  Our favorite was Creative Illusions from Slinger.  The detail on these metal sculptures were amazing.  And if you're in the Milwuakee area, they will be at at the Third Ward Art Festival, so you should check them out.

The weather was quite warm, upper 80s, but it was a pretty nice day to enjoy walking around downtown to look at art.  And I don't have any pictures because I forgot my camera and my phone.  And on top of that, J's phone wasn't charged.  Talk about being prepared.

So if you are ever around the midwest in mid July, you should make it a point to stop by Madison, WI to check out Art Fair on/off The Square.  If you love art, it will be worth while.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails