Monday, August 19

Studio Clean Up

So I've been spending a lot more time at home and in the studio since I went down to part time at work (If you haven't heard, we're having problems with funding (who isn't), so I had take a cut in hours).  With all this extra time in the studio, I've come to realize that I needed to clean it up.  Okay, I already new that, but trying to work in there was driving me nuts.  So I couldn't take any more.  I had to clean it up.

So this is what I've done so far.


I (okay, J did it) installed a monitor stand, holder thing.  Yeah I have no idea what these are called. Wall mount, yeah that sounds right.  It's nice because now the monitor doesn't sit on the desk and I can swivel it all around so that when I'm working I can watch movies and stuff.


I also added some new shelves.  The two above the computer area hold a lot of my supplies.  I need to label all of boxes up there, but it's a start.  The bottom shelf hold my matting supplies as well as matted bead embroidery.  It's great to have it put away.


I also added a shelf on the wall by my kiln (the kiln that hasn't been used in three years, sad face).  This one has some old bead boxes that I need to go through, a box of frames, my silk dying supplies, and my camera bag.  Oh yeah, that great purple bag is where my camera lives.

These shelves allowed me to get the small boxes out of the closet and out where I could see them.  I then filled the closet with the big boxes of fabric.  No more fabric for a while.  This cleared up the floor and gave me more room.

I still need to do a couple things.  I need to find a place for the printer.  I really love it, but it's quite a big boy that takes up a lot of space.  It needs to to be kicked off my work surface and put somewhere out of sight.

I also need to make some more small shelves for my beads.  Right now they are stuck in a drawer and on the counter.  J said it should be easy enough to make one that looks like my thrift store find.

I would also like to put up at least one more shelf, if not more.  And I would like to take the clothes rod out of the closet and put in shelves floor to ceiling.  I mean, it's an office, it doesn't need a clothes rod, it should have storage.


So it's not perfect, but it's a vast improvement.  I now can find a lot of my beads and I have a work surface again.  Even if I normal bead on the porch or in the living room.  Sometimes I like to work in here.  And sometime I need to work in here.  It's nice.  Now to find that perfect office chair.  :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails