Monday, January 6

Fun Projects

Well I've been a busy little bee when it comes to beading.  I've finished up one of my custom orders (after an almost 2 month wait for beads), I'm almost done with my latest mixed media piece, I've started working on the plans for the next one, I've beaded up a bunch of Christmas gifts, and I've been playing around with some of the projects in the lovely books J got me for Christmas.


My favorite book he got me was Diane Fitzgerald's Shaped Beadwork and Beyond.  I already own her book Shaped Beadwork and was more then happy to receive this one.  I love all the fun projects in both of the books.  Sorry for the glare on the book, I was having problems photographing it the other day.

So as a little bit of a break from everything else I was working on, I thought I would work on a few of the projects in the book.   A little break to just make some thing fun and for myself.  So these are the projects I did.


I made a Temari Bead and the Chevron Pendent.  I had so much fun creating these little guys.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with them, maybe make myself a new necklace or two, but I love them.  And the book gives me so many ideas on how I could incorporate beadwork into some of my new mixed media pieces.  And that's the best thing about beady books, the inspiration and ideas that you get from them.

I'm very glad that J surprised me with this book (as well as a few others).  It was fun to take a break from all the other things that where going on during the holidays.  But now it's back to the grindstone.  I have plenty of projects that need to be finished and then that dreaded photography.

Did any one else get any beady books for Christmas?  Or any other books?  Have you worked on any of the projects or got any ideas from the photos?  I'd love to hear about your projects.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails