Tuesday, April 22

Getting Ready for Spring and Summer Shows

Well it's that time of year again.  Time for spring and summer (and fall) outdoor art shows.  This year I'm going with a totally different look.  I've overhauled all of my displays, got rid of some, and added others.  I'm ready with a whole new look this year.

We gave some of the pieces a try last year at the fashion show pre sale.  I'm adding a lot more color and a lot more funk.  


I have been scouring Pinterest for ideas.

I love this idea of using louver doors to makes shelves.  I think I'm going to try something similar to this for my bead embroidered art pieces.  I love that they fold flat for transport, that is awesome.

The link was broken to this photo, so I'm not sure who to credit
for this photo.  If someone knows, let me know and I'll give
credit where credit is due.
I also bought one of these the last time we were at Ikea.  It's for children, so it's small, perfect for jewelry display.  And it was also only $5 for the cover and $15 for the stand.  That made it worth while.


I also love this idea of using crates to make a shelving unit.  Or even something smaller that sits on the tables.  You can pick up these crates at Micheal's or Walmart (and probably other stores) for pretty cheap.  I've been looking for crates at the local antique and thrift stores, but since they are "IN" right now, the prices are ridiculous.  I don't know if I'll use them, but I'm keeping them in mind.

http://www.calmcradle.com/1/post/2012/03/diy-bookshelf.html

I picked up some of these at Staples the other day when I was there.  I'm going to use them for me earrings and necklace cards.  I just need to jazz them up with some stamps and punch some holes, and I'll be ready to go.  


I have a lot more ideas, you can check out my Art Show Idea Board on Pinterest if you would like to see what I've found.  I'll hopefully have photos soon of what I come up with.  I only have four weeks until my first show.  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails