Tuesday, May 27

Weekend Recap

Happy Tuesday everyone.  I hope all of you had an enjoyable weekend.  Ours was pretty good.  J's done with school for now (he only has one more semester and he'll have his masters) so we are slowly getting back into the swing of things; getting started on projects around the house that were put off.  Fun stuff.  We also took some time this past weekend for long walks with the dog and some tennis.  It's nice to be able to do stuff together again.

I've also been working hard on my solar system project.  I've completed the first four planets.  I'm so happy with how they turned out.


This has been such a fun project for me.  I really can't wait to see them finished (I know, I say that about everything).  

I started the fifth planet, Jupiter, this weekend.  Jupiter is my favorite planet.  I think it is the most beautiful, even though most people feel that honor goes to Saturn.  I just love all the stripes and colors.  I'm so excited to see what this beauty is going to look like.


If you are interested in following the progress of this project, check out my Instagram.  I post updates from all my projects as well as cute pug photos. It's a great way to watch a project from start to finish. 

On top of working on my solar system project, I also did a little side project for myself.  I have been throwing around the idea of embroidering on paper, but wasn't sure how it would work.  So I decide to try it. 

  
I used a photo from an old calendar I had lying around.  I just added some beads to part of it and let the beauty of the photo shine.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and now I can't wait to try it on some of my own photos.  I finished it in an hour or so, so I think they will be fun, small projects that I can work on when I need a break from bigger projects. 

So that's what I did this weekend.  Now I need to focus on my commission work this week.  I have to make a couple of leather cuffs and do some research on white leather and belts.  This should be an interesting week.  

I hope everyone had a great weekend and I hope you all have a great week.  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails