Monday, June 9

Happy Monday - Weekend Overview

Happy Monday everyone.  Today starts my week long stay-cation.  I started the day out by running the recycling to the curb because we forgot to take it out last night.  It's okay, it got me up and out of bed.  I don't really have any plans for this week, I just needed to use vacation time before I lost it at the end of the month (June is the end of the year when you work in academia).  I do have a few things I would like to get done.  I do plan on painting my canvas for my solar system project.

And speaking of my solar system project, I got a little bit more beaded on Jupiter.  Not much because we had a very interesting, very busy weekend, starting on Thursday.  But I'm pretty happy with how it is turning out and I should be able to finish it it this week.  So what do you guys think?


The other thing I would like to get done this week is painting my new studio.  I picked up two more paint samples, hoping to find the winning one.  Here are all four samples.  I'm not going to let you know which one I picked until I start painting.  It will be a surprise.


That's all the beady things I did this weekend.  We also went to a show on Friday night, which was fun.  Then we had the first fire of the year when we got home.  It was a lovely night.  Saturday we had a friend over to hang out.  I made him his first martini.  He liked them, he liked them a lot.  After some drinks, a Nerf gun fight may or may not have broken out.  It was a busy and fun weekend.  But now I have to get my butt in gear and get ready for my next art show, which is this coming Saturday.

What did everyone else do this weekend?  Any thing fun and art related?  Any martini fueled Nerf gun fights?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails