Tuesday, September 22

Weekend Wrap Up

Well, well, well. I guess it's been a tiny little while since I've last posted on my blog (this is also a little late, I should have posted it yesterday). I have no excuses except that life got really crazy. *Warning this is going to be a long post*

As I did mention in previous posts, my boss decided to leave the university and go into private practice. It was not a decision I wanted, but it was the decision he made and I didn't really have that much say in the matter.  That decision did mean that I would be loosing my job. My very beloved job in a lab that him and I started from the ground up. To say the least, it was a difficult time for me. I had to try my best not to be bitter or angry.

The worst part about it (okay, him leaving was the worst part), was that no one seemed to know when my last day was. I talked to three or four people and none of them could give me a straight answer. So I started to panic a bit. What if I just showed up and didn't have a job any more? It was more than a little nerve wracking to not know what was next.

But I pulled myself together, updated my already awesome CV, and applied for a few positions. I applied for four positions and got called back to three of them. I'll admit, I'm a little hurt I didn't get called back to all of them, but I'll get over that. And out of the three I got called back for, I was offered two (I turned down the interview for the third because I had already accepted a position, so I may have been offered that one as well). I accepted a position at the vet school with a new hire. It's not quite the same research I've done in the past, but it seems very interesting and I'm excited. I'm just moving down the hall from my old lab and closer to a lot of the people I know and work with on a daily basis. My first day is October 1st, so only a short while longer in my old lab. It does still make me sad that I'm leaving all the things I helped create behind and that the university is loosing a great researcher, but it's time to move on.

While all of this was going on, I was offered a part time gig teaching a continuing education class at Madison College. I will be teaching an Etsy intro class similar to the one I teach at the library. This one is a little more broad and doesn't cover quite as much, but I think it will be fun. My first class starts this week and I've been working my butt off to get my training done, my syllabus turned in, contacting everyone I need to, checking my class roster, and getting my actual class ready to go. It's been exhausting, but exciting. I can't wait to start. And yes, I will still be teaching at the library as well.

I've also been working on a number of custom orders for one of my best customers. I've finished up two more beaded cuffs and I started the design on a new bead embroidered gauntlet for him. These are the last of the projects for a while. I need the holidays off.

So those are a few of the reasons why I've been neglecting this blog. I'm going to try my hardest not to do it any more, but no promises. I do have photos of my new bead storage and few other projects I'd like to share this week, so don't forget to stop back. And if you don't see any new posts, go ahead and get on me for that. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails