Friday, July 18

Just Can't Stay Away



So I told myself that I was going to take at least a week off from doing any beading or lampworking. Well that hasn't exactly happened. I just couldn't stay away. I couldn't convince myself that I should stop working on things. Now I know I'm a true addict. It's pretty bad if I can't even force myself to take a one week vacation from beads. Oh well.

I'm working on a new bangle. It's VERY VERY girly as you can see. Pink and purple. But I had a few glass beads left over from my last show and just felt I should make something out of them. So I decided on some more bangles with beads. I'm pretty happy with how this one is turning out. The colors go pretty well together. And I know I would probably never wear it, I'm sure there are plenty of people that would.

I really like working with the Japanese seed beads. They really make a piece look nice. So I guess I'm hooked on those. I'm sure I'll use the Czech beads still, for things with fringe and what not, but for anything woven, it's the Japanese beads from now on.

And I got my show registration in today for my next show. It will be in September near Milwaukee. I'll have more info on that when I get my acceptance and info pack. Fingers crossed that I get in!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails