Thursday, December 18

Lots of New News!

Well the weeks is winding down. I only have a couple more days left of work, and then a wonderful 2 week vacation. Oh how nice that will be. I have a lot planned for those weeks. I have a few Christmas dinners, and a couple of parties, plus I think I am going to start working on my own website. I've been putting it off and putting it off, but I think it's time for me to step up and work on it. That should be interesting. And my mind is just overflowing with new ideas, I can't wait to have enough free time to just sit down and work. WooHoo.

☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀


Next up is the winner of the December Etsy-Beadweaver's Street Team Challenge winner. A big congratulations to Karin of Gypsy Eyes Jewelry who won with her Queen of the Frozen Tundra necklace. It is truly a beautiful necklace.

☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀

*UPDATE*

My Sea Goddess Necklace has been featured on the community page on 1000 Markets as a Staff Pick. Awesome.
Check it out here.

And finally I have a few new lampwork beads up on etsy. They are fun little focal beads. Click HERE to check that out.

I also have a new necklace up on 1000 markets. It's one of my favorite, favorite ones. It was really hard for me to put it up for sale, but J keeps telling me that I'll never make any money by hording everything I make for myself. LOL.

It really is lovely. I just went crazy during a pearl sale a few months back. I couldn't help myself, I bought every color I could get my little hands on. Problem is, I had never ever worked with pearls before and had no idea what to do with then. Well looking through my bead stash one day I discovered that the light green ones matched some glass beads I had, and this necklace was born.

It's NINE strands of tiny little transparent purple seed beads. I then used the freshwater pears and the glass beads for accents, but it need something more. I have some aluminum beads, that again, I had no idea what to do with, so I decided they would give a nice light weight sparkles to the necklace. And of course it's all topped off with a sterling silver toggle clasp.

I made this necklace a few months back, it's been to a couple shows with me, and everyone seems to love it. But I just wasn't able to get a decent picture of it, and I still don't feel these pictures do it much justice. It is much more vibrant in person.

You can check it out in my 1000 markets shop if you'd like.

☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀

And one more picture of my sleeping cats. I just can't get over them sitting next to each other for a few hours without trying to kill each other.

Here they are sleeping. But don't let this picture fool you, they are not angles, not even close. They both can be such naughty little things, but we love them no matter what.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails