Wednesday, January 21

Our 44th President!


I don't post many things like this on my blog, but I think this is such an important moment and it really is a good speech, I want to post it for all to see (even though I'm sure everyone has seen it many times). I watched the inauguration yesterday on streaming video in the lab (all by myself, ). I wasn't going to miss this. I am truly proud to be an American. I know we have a long hard road in front of us, but we will get through it.


And one of my favorite quotes from Abraham Lincoln (like I could pick just one!) from his 1st inaugural address:

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature." - Abraham Lincoln.

*Edit - January 22, 2009* I am very disappointed in some of the things I have been hearing since the inauguration yesterday. I knew that the hate would spew forward, but some of it is just horrible. Please do not post on my blog if you are full of hate; I will not tolerate it.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

I will be back to my regular post soon, so stay tuned for some new things. I've been working very hard on many a new thing lately. I first need to get my EBW challenge piece done, and then off to new projects. WooHoo.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails