Monday, December 6

Featured!!

We have a pretty busy week ahead of us (we're closing this week), and I'm going to find it tough to be able to update again, so I'm going to try and get all my updates into this one post.  And I hope everyone had a great weekend, will have a great week, and an even better upcoming weekend.

Okay, now that's out of the way, I can share my exciting news.  My cuff has finally made it's debut on The Curb Magazine's site.

This is a magazine that is run by students at UW Madison.  Each semester they put out a magazine based on a specific topic or idea.  This semester was "women with moxie"  They have a few articles on etsy and they used my Eternal Daydream cuff in their buying guide.

This was pretty exciting, I've never been in a magazine before.  Everyone should go check out the article as well as all the other fun articles that the students worked so hard on.  Thank you Curb Magazine and thank you Julia for picking my cuff for your article.

Also on the art show front,  last Friday was my last show of the year.  It was just a little show here at the SVM, so my clientele were vet students, veterinarians, researchers, and professors.  I sold a pair of my beaded hoops and a guitar cuff.  The woman who bought the guitar cuff said her daughter plays bass and her favorite color is lime green, so I hope she enjoys it.  I see her around from time to time, so I'll have to ask if her daughter liked it.

I know I only sold two items, but I was only there for about 3 hours, so I don't think it was too bad.  It was fun to talk to the woman next to me (which sold adorable painting by the way, you should check out her website) and too see everyone I worked with.  I think I'll do it again next year.    

I'm also working on a cow bracelet for a co-worker right now.  It's a Christmas gift from her husband, who I also work with.  It's like the silhouette horse cuff, but with a happy, jumping cow.  It's actually pretty cute.  It will be done soon, and I'll try to get some pictures of it after the move.  I'm showing her the pattern today, so I hope she'll like it.

And last but not least, don't forget to vote for your favorite entries in the ArtBeads "What Inspires You?" beading contest.  I entered my Summertime Cuff, which is inspired by my love of the beach and my love of old vintage post cards.

Stop by today and vote for your 5 favorite entries in two different categories.  Voting ends December 8th, so get those votes in.  :-)

     

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The guitar cuff is rather spectacular!

Victoria said...

Thank you Grace. I really love the guitar cuffs, they're so much fun.

Unknown said...

Hey! I just randomly read your comment over at YHL and saw that you just moved to Madison, WI! We bought a place last year just outside of Madison so i thought I would say hey neighbor... beautiful work you have here!

Victoria said...

Thanks for stopping by Katie and thanks for the welcome. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails