Thursday, January 27

The First One!

Sorry for the picture quality (and pet hair)
Here is my completely finished first broach.  I took it apart the other day and redid the backing on it so the pin back would work.  I'm pretty happy with this one.  It's clearly my first attempt at this, because you can see all the glue and crap I got everywhere.  And I'm pretty sure the pin back isn't level, but I can't say for certain. 

So I'll be keeping this little guy.  Which is fine, I love sparkly, pretty things. 

I was going to take a picture of the back to show you what it looks like now, but like I said earlier, it's not that pretty. I sorta looks like I let a two year old loose with the broach and some glue.  I'm not really sure what I was doing when I glued the back on.  Okay, I do know.  I was very tired, frustrated, and didn't have the best lighting.  So it shows.  And that is why I'm not going to giving this broach away.  I don't want you guys thinking I can't handle my glue.  That would be embarrassing ;-)

But I have been working on a few more of these and I have to say I'm having so much fun.  I like to work on them when I need a break from a bigger project.  It's almost like a little break, a little vacation from the time consuming, extremely frustrating larger projects I have going right now.

And best of all I'm finishing up the last little details (pictures) for my next giveaway.  I should have the info on that up tomorrow.  Fun, fun!  

1 comment:

storybeader said...

oh, how nice! I can see that people who love color are going to enjoy these! Different colors for special occasions! {:-D

Related Posts with Thumbnails