Friday, March 25

Music for Everyone

So most of you know that music is a big part of my life.  I grew up with a dad and brother that played multiple instruments and I started playing in 4th grade.  My parents always felt music was important, whether it be learning to read sheet music or just being introduced to different genres.  And I'm still surrounded by music.  J is in a ska/punk band and it seems like the majority of our friends are in bands.  We're always going to shows and meeting new people.  It's really a fantastic part of our lives.

Some of the door prizes they will have at their clinics
The other day I was contacted to see if I would like to donate a few items to a local organization that give free guitar lessons to underprivileged children.  It's called The Fearless Project and I think their goal is fantastic; to give children, that normally wouldn't have the opportunity, the gift of music.  What a fantastic idea.  They are a brand new organization here in Madison, only starting up last year.

J and I both met with them the other night to learn more about the project and what we could do to help.  I was asked to donate door prizes for their upcoming guitar workshops.  I couldn't wait to start working on some of these projects.

I am donating some guitar string bracelets as well as some guitar pick necklaces.  I'm also working on some ideas of leather pick holders.  I have plenty of leather scraps around here, so if I have some free time this weekend I plan on playing with the pick holder idea.  Hopefully I'll have some successful items to show you next week :-)


I feel this organization has a lot of potential and I would like to help them out as much as possible.  This is why me and J wanted to live here; to be part of the community, to help out and volunteer, to be around the arts.

More Door Prizes
We've talked to a few people about this already and they love the idea.  We have friends that would like to do a benefit concert for them and maybe even volunteer their time to teach some lessons.

If you are interested in donating (money, time, guitar stuff) then check out their website.  It really is a great organization and I hope others will like it as much as J and I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect match! (and guess what - my word verification is "karma" Coincidence?)

Related Posts with Thumbnails