Monday, October 22

Hmmm, not so sure about this one.

I've been trying hard to work on beadwork, but between house stuff and work, it's proving to be more difficult then imagined.  But I have been working on stuff.  I've finished a couple of cuffs, that you can see here, and I've been working on some more beaded art.

Here is one of the one's I finished up lately.

 
I used some of the fabric scraps I had left over from pillows I made for our bedroom.  I love the fabric so much, so I thought it would make a great mixed media piece.

I was also looking for something that was not a traditional square.  I wanted an irregular, random shape.  And this is what my mind came up with when I sat down with the scissors.


This was a fairly easy piece, which was a large plus.  I only added a small amount of beadwork, so the original fabric would shine through.

The only problem is, I'm not sure how fond I am of this piece.  I put it in a frame, and I think it has potential, but I'm just not sure.


I think in a way it has a little bit of an amoeba feel, so that could be cool.  But I'm just not sold.

What do you think about it?  Was it a waste of my time or do you see some potential in it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The amoeba shape is a little off-putting...

Rose Clearfield said...

Personally it's not my favorite color palette, but I love the technique!

Related Posts with Thumbnails