Monday, March 4

A little birdie

Wow, it's Monday again.  Where did the weekend go?  Oh yeah, I remember, we were crazy busy with all sorts of things here.  We had to deal with the drains backing up, AGAIN.  We had to try and get the snowblower back up and running before the snow starts tonight (6-12 inches again).  And I had to get me newest beaded paintings framed.  It was a crazy weekend.

But I did work on my newest paintings and I did get them framed and photographed.  I got some new macro filters, a new gradient background, and replaced the lights in my photobox.  Woo hoo, awesome pictures here I come!!!

Here are two of my newest paintings.  I decided to go with a birdie theme today.


I wasn't so sure about this one when I started, but I'm really loving it.  I love pearls and I love this beautiful apricot color.


This one might be a little hard for me to part with, but I think I can do it.  Hopefully it will find a new home soon that will love it as much as I do.


This second one is super cute.  I'm probably going to have to redo the fabric on this one because I had some problems with the mounting cardboard.  But I'm happy with it and you get the idea of how it will look when it's all finished.


I'm thinking of painting the frame a fun bright blue color to pick up on the turquoise beads.  But maybe an orange frame to play off the little beak would be fun too.  I'll have to play with ideas and see which one works best.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with both of these little guys.  I still have to play around with my new lighting.  It's like I'm learning how to take pictures all over again.  But hopefully I'll figure that out soon and get some new beautiful jury photos done soon.  Maybe tomorrow since there is a good possibility I'll be working from home because of the snow storm.

What did everyone else do this weekend?  Hopefully you had a less stressful and more creative weekend then I did.  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails