Monday, June 24

Strawberry Fest 2013 Recap

Well this past weekend marked my second show of the summer; Strawberry Fest.  I've done this show in the past and I've always done pretty well.  Not great, but not bad either.  I've actually made quite a few contacts at this show, and even though it is a small show, I still like to do it.


This year it was not so great.  Okay, it wasn't even really worth my time.  It was pouring when I woke up Saturday.  Pouring rain, thunder, and lightning.  I just laid in bed and questioned if I should get up or just roll back over and go back to sleep.  But I decided that the storm might pass and I should just go.  We got there and only about half the vendors showed up.  And then a few left only a couple hours in.


On the positive side, I did sell a few things and I did talk to a lot of great people.  This lovely bracelet went to a lovely lady.  I love this little bracelet, so I'm glad it sold.


I also sold the bottom bracelet to a guy who bought it for his sister as a birthday gift.  He also asked about custom orders, so who knows there might be another order in the future.  But other then that, not much left my booth.

It rained for most of the day and was a little on the cold side.  A lot of people were there for the half marathon, but once the marathon was over, most people left.

I'm not sure if the show was bad because of the weather, or if it is just starting to loose attendance for other reasons.  Do I do this show again next year?  Or do I call it quits for this show?  I'll have to think about it.  I made the booth fee back, but I'm just not sure if I will be doing this show again in the future.


Here's J sitting around being sad.  He didn't even get up and walk around like he normally does.  Let's hope my show in two weeks is better then this one.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails