Monday, July 8

Art in the Park - Lodi 2013

This past weekend I participated in Art in the Park in Lodi WI.  Lodi is small town about 25 minutes north of Madison.  I have never done this show before, so I did not know what to expect.


The show was very nice and set up in a small little park in town.  We were by a little stream and pond area, so we got to listen to the bull frogs.  The weather was clear and sunny, but hot.  It was about mid 80s all day, and with the sun pounding down on you, it felt much hotter.  There was no breeze and the tent warmed up pretty fast.  Next time we will be bringing those little battery powered fans to keep cool.


There were a large crowd of people early on, but as it warmed up, less and less people were out and about.  I got a lot of compliments on all of my work as well as a reporter for a local newspaper took some pictures of me working.  But I just didn't have many sales.  I made back my booth fee and that was about it.

I did sell this cute bracelet.


I love this little guy and I'm glad it went to a great home.  The woman loved it so much, she wore it home.

I did get someone interested in a custom necklace like this one.


She really loved the necklace but was looking for something in a different color.  She had me write down the information about the necklace and told me she would be in touch.  So fingers crossed.


I had a lot of compliments on my newest beaded painting.  Everyone just loved it.  I wasn't sure how well it would go over, but it seemed to be a favorite.  I'm glad everyone liked it.  I'll have more information and pictures on this piece later in the week.


It was a nice day to spend with J and I did talk to a lot of people, so that was good.  It was a little too hot for me, but what can you do about summer shows.  And it probably didn't help that I was eaten alive by mosquitoes the day before and my feet were swollen and in pain.  Seriously, these are the worst mosquito bites I've ever had.


So over all it was a nice day, but I just don't know if I would do it again.  I just didn't have enough sales to make it worth the work.  The good thing is, I did bring along some beadwork to work on.  And I had a lot of people watch me bead.  I used it as a way to teach people about the work that goes into each on of the pieces.

So what do all of you do this past weekend?  Did you do any shows?  Where they good or bad?  Or did you just relax and enjoy the holiday weekend?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails