Thursday, July 11

First Anatomical Painting

*Update* I just listed the beaded painting in my etsy store, HERE.* 

Well as promised, here are a few photos of my newest beaded painting.


It's an anatomically correct heart.  Okay, so it's probably not 100% anatomical, but it's pretty dang close.  I'm absolutely in love with this one.  I feel like I say that with everything I make, but this one really makes me happy.


I've decided to start making things that represent my science background.  I mean I've ran a research lab for over seven years, I might as well incorporate the two things I love.


I've also decided that I'm going to only make things that make me happy, not what is considered safe.  I always tell myself that I am going to do this, then I get scared that things won't sell and people won't like them, so I go back to safe designs.  WELL, NO MORE!


I got such good feedback from my beaded skulls (from people I never thought would like skulls), that it gave me the encouragement to do something like this.  And I was overwhelmed with the feed back on the anatomical heart.


Almost everyone that stopped by my booth last weekend commented on the heart.  So that's what I'm going to do from now on, things I like and enjoy, not things I deem safe.  I feel like it will make me happier and make beading even more enjoyable.  And hopefully there is a niche market out there filled with people that like the same thing as me.  If not, that's cool too.

If you are interested, it is available in my etsy store, HERE.   

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails