Monday, March 24

New Beadwork

I have been neglecting my blog as of late.  I always seem to do this.  I am really good about posting and then I miss one or two and I just seems to forget about it.  I'm sorry.  I don't know why it's so hard for me to post on a regular basis.  But I'm going to continue to try and make sure that I post at least twice a week.  Fingers crossed I can accomplish this.

But even though I haven't been blogging, I have been a busy little bee when it comes to beading.  I have been working with a UW art student for the past month or so.  We've been working together to bring his artwork into the beady world.  So far I've made four cuffs for him and I'm working on a fifth design right now.  It's been fun.  I'll have to share some of the designs with you guys.

I've also been working on my solar system project, I'll have some updated photos of that this week.  I'm so excited about this piece.

And I've also been working on some bead embroidered collars.  I started working on these because I had a customer ask me to make her one using a inlay walnut shell.  I love the idea.  So I started making the collars and I haven't been able to stop.

I've shared the first one I created last week (one Wordless Wednesday), so here is the second one.  I'm thinking about calling it "Eyes in the Night".  What do you guys think?


I love this collar so much.  I even created my own clasp for it.  And it's backed with some of the most lovely white leather ever.

I'm really enjoying making these.  Almost as much as my bead embroidered mixed media.   I think it's because bead embroidery gives me so much freedom to create.  Who would have thought I'd ever love bead embroidered so much (especially since I cursed it after my very first project).

And if you would like to see some of the in progress photos, check out my instagram, @threefatesdesign.

Instagram

I post progress photos of all my projects there as well as fun photos from everyday life.  So, it's a fun way to get to know me better. 

Well I'm off to work on some bead patterns.  I'll catch you all on the flip side.    

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails