Tuesday, April 15

New Studio Ideas

You have no idea how excited I am to move my studio.  I am practicality peeing myself with excitement.  No sarcasm here (which is weird, I know).  I see so much potential with the room downstairs.  I really can't wait to get started.

Here are some of my ideas for what I would like down there.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30275861/
I would love a bookcase like this down there.  I can put baskets in some of the spots and books in the others.  This on is from Ikea, but I know you can get ones like this elsewhere.  I have room behind the door for a book case and this one would fit perfect.

But I also have an idea for using an old closet organizer behind the door.  Since we already have it, it might be nice to save a little bit of money.
I'll also need a table for my torch.  This stainless steel table would work great and it would fit on the wall over by the window.  Which is perfect because that is where I would need to hook up the exhaust fan.

I don't have the source of this photo (found it on Pinterest), so if someone knows,
let me know and I'll give credit where credit is due.  
I would also like to build a work space like the one pictured above.   It's so simple, just two bookshelves and a desktop from Ikea.  But I think I've seen a few of these made with hollow core doors, which I could pick up on the cheap at the ReStore.  It adds work space as well as storage.

Infarrantly Creative
I also need a shelving unit to hold all of my beads.  And while perusing Pinterest, I found this beauty.  OH. MY. GOD.  This is perfect.  It's exactly what I need.  Now I don't need to make my own plans because she gives step by step instructions on how to make them.  Thank you internets.  Check out Infrrantlycreative.com for awesome ideas and the instructions on how to make this glorious shelving unit.

I've been thinking about wall colors.  I kinda like these.  Very tropical.

http://www.bhg.com/decorating/color/schemes/designer-color-palettes/#page=1
Bette Homes and Gardens

But I also like these.
http://www.bhg.com/decorating/color/schemes/designer-color-palettes/#page=4
Better Homes and Gardens

And if I went with the second color pallet, I could get this fun rug from Ikea.  This is the same rug I have for my art show booth, but I love it so much I might make it part of my studio.
Ikea

So those are a few of my ideas for now.  I have a bunch later and I even have plans drawn up.  But you'll have to stop by again to see some of that.

Oh no she didn't, another cliffhanging.
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails