Monday, April 14

Studio Update

Is it really Monday already?  How the hell did that happen?  This weekend seemed to just fly by, and we weren't even all that busy.  We did get some major storms Saturday and Sunday.  The first thunderstorms of the year.  I'm not going to lie, I was pretty excited.  I love thunder and lightning.  It's weird, but I'm weird so it's okay.  The thing I didn't love?  The small amount of snow that was on the ground when I woke up.  Not cool, not cool at all.

But let's not talk about the dumb Midwest spring weather.

In beading news, I'm cruising through my custom order right now.  I only have two and a half cuffs to make.  Then it's on to the leather cuffs he would like.  Those are gong to be a lot more intricate, so more time consuming.  Luckily, I'm pretty stoked about working on them.  We'll see how long that excitement lasts.  (If your interested in watching my progress on this project, as well as other projects and aspects of my life, stop by my intstagram.  I post all sorts of pretty photos there.)  

Where was I?  Oh yeah, what I've been up too.  Sorry sometimes my mind wanders off on it's own.

We're also doing a little bit of rearranging around the house.  I'm moving my studio downstairs to the extra bedroom down there.  I love having the view of the yard, and my garden, and the beautiful flowers my neighbor grows, but I just don't think it's the right fit.

These are the pretty flowers in my neighbors yard.  
We're going to change my current studio into an office and reading area.  That way you have the option to sit on the porch to read or in the office.  It will flow better.  The patio will be more of an extension of the reading room/office.

The view from the porch right now is into my messy studio.  I'm not going to lie, it's not pretty most days.  And the large patio doors really reduce the amount of usable wall space.  So I think it's time to move on out.


Too bad we just painted all of the rooms we're moving around.  Oh well, it's just paint.  Luckily, the downstairs bedroom has a large egress window, so it actually gets quite a lot of light.  And our plan for this summer is to make the current window go from this....


To this!!
I don't have the source for this, so if you know where it's from, let me know.
How awesome is that going to be?  We're going to plant some lovely plants, maybe add some potted plants.  We're going to paint the faded wood white for more light reflection.  It's going to be so nice.

But before we start the move, there is a little bit of work that needs to be done.


We have to redo this lovely little outcropping, yeah, I'll call it an outcropping.  It covers the water meter and the access pipe to the water line.  It's a lot larger then it has to be and it's not even slightly useful.  We had to pull the whole thing out when the city came to install the wireless water meter, because there was no access except for a small hole in the top.  So we're going to make a little box with a door on it so that if the plumber or the city ever needs to get access to it again, it will be a lot simpler.


And after we do that, the floor is going to go.  The whole house had this great "wood" tile in it.  We've gotten rid of most of it, but this is the last remnants.  We're going to go with the glueless vinyl floor that we used in the upstairs bathroom.  We really loved how easy it was to install and it's not permanent, so if we ever do get water in the basement (we never have, but you never know) or if we want to change it, it will be super simple.  And then there is also the plus if no yucky glue smell.

Here are the choices.  Toonces is making her selection.


We really wanted to keep it as light as possible to help keep the room from feeling too much like a basement room.  We're leaning towards this one.


But this one is a close second.  Unfortunately this one is twice the price of the one above, so I think we'll be going with our first choice.  Sorry, this photo is pretty blurry.  


As soon as the flooring is installed (we haven't even bought it yet, I'm just getting excited), it will be time for me to start making this room my own.  I have lots of ideas an plans, but you'll just have to check back in later to see some of them.  Oh, a cliffhanger.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails