Tuesday, August 26

Beadwork

In between all the craziness that has been the month of August, I have actually got a little bit of beading done.  I've been working on a few custom cuffs as well as a project for a non profit.


First off I have two pyramid stud cuffs that I finished up.  The one on the left is just 1/2" studs on black leather and the one on the right is 1/4" studs with two rows of red beads between them.  Both simple, but very nice.


The third cuff I've been working on is a combination of beadwork and 1/4' pyramid studs.  I am so very happy with how this turned out.  It's very beautiful.  I'll be making a second one like this, but the red beads will be replaced with 24kt gold beads.  I really can't wait to see how that one looks as well.


And finally I have been working on a mixed media piece for the non-profit, America SCORES, Milwaukee chapter.  It's for their Inspired Art fund raiser.  They have the children that participate in the program write poems and then ask artists to create art based on the poems.  I thought it was a very cool idea, so I signed up as soon as I heard about it.  This is what I have so far.  I picked up some red and white striped straws and now I just need to finish the beadwork and paint the canvas.  I have until October, so I should be okay.  
So that's what I've been up to on the beady side of things.  I'm hoping to get a lot more done now that summer is drawing to a close.  Then maybe I can get back into my routine and get some stuff done.  What has everyone else been up to?  What kind of artsy things have you been working on?  I'd love to know!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails