Monday, August 25

Studio Update

Wow, I have been so terrible with this blog.  But this month has really been a busy one, even more busy then a normal month.  J had his last summer residency this month (that means he's graduating in December).  We then had a small party to celebrate the end of summer and the deck being finished.  Then we took our first vacation in a long time (about 6-7 years).  So there has been a lot crammed into this month.

J goes back to school in September and things should settle down a little bit here, so hopefully that means I can get back to a regular blog schedule.  And hopefully my studio move will be done soon, so I can get settled in and not worry about it any more.

So how about a little update on that?  A little update on how the studio is coming along.  I picked a paint color.  And I'm really loving it.


It's a warm wonderful yellow.  It really brightens up the room.  I can't wait to start working in such a pretty environment.  The photo really doesn't do it justice, it's so warm and inviting.

We also picked out the flooring.  We went with a non-adhesive vinyl.  It's the same kind of tile we put in the bathroom upstairs, which we love.  You don't use any adhesives, you just cut it out in the shape of your room and lay it down.  That simple.  And it looks very nice.


It's hard to tell in the photo what it looks like because it's still in the roll, but trust me, it will look so nice in the studio.

So that's where I am on that project.  I'm hoping to start pull up the old tile and get the new flooring installed down soon.  Then I can start moving my stuff down there and putting up shelves.  I really can't wait for this project to be over with.  My current studio is a disaster and trying to get anything done in it is such a headache.  It will be so nice to have a new space to call home.  Now if only I could finish this project before next year ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails