Tuesday, October 21

Didn't this just happen

So today I wanted to post about our Halloween decorations.  The whole house if filled with bats and spider webs and skulls.  God, I love this time of year.  But that's not what this post is going to be about.  This post is about Nacho, AGAIN.  She has another abscess on her neck.  ANOTHER ONE!

You can see the lump on the underside of her neck. 

We were checking her neck, making sure her scar looked okay and that her hair was coming back in when I notice a lump on the side of her neck.  Other damn lump.  Are you kidding me?  This is not what I need right now.  I dubbed this month NO SPEND-TOBER and I was doing so well.  I spent a whole $35 this month (not including bills and groceries).  But I love my little cat, so it looks like there will be another unexpected vet bill.  Oh the joys of pet ownership.

With unexpected vet bills come etsy sales!  I'm bringing back the NACHO20 coupon.  Get 20% off your entire order.  That includes patterns and clearance items.  Now is the time to start that early Christmas shopping.  Use coupon code NACHO20 and get 20% off.

But, let's get back to poor Nacho.  After noticing the lump, I knew what it was.  Now the question is, why does she have another one?  Nacho is over 10 years old and I've never had a problem with her.  She always checks out as super healthy at vet appointments and the worst problem she has is licking her fur out when she's stressed out (which she hasn't done in over 4 years).  Did Toonces cause this one again?  And if so what are we going to do about it?

Nacho and Toonces have HATED each other since day one.  For the past 6 years they fought on a daily basis.  They can't stand being within three feet of each other, they hiss and growl all the time.  J and I have done everything, and when I say everything, I mean it.  We have had 6 years to try different things.  We thought once we got a bigger house, they would have their own places and things would settle down.  Nope, they still fight and fight and fight.  They fight over everything and a lot of times over nothing.

So now we have to make a very hard decision.  Do we keep Toonces and keep trying to ease the tension or do we re-home her?  This is not something that we are taking lightly.  It is a very, very difficult decision that has to be made and one we would prefer not to make, but we can't have one of them (aka Nacho) getting seriously injured all the time.  We haven't made our decision yet and we will probably take a while to make it.  This is more stressful then the abscess itself.  I feel lost and stressed and don't know what to do.

But for now, it's off to the vet with Nacho to have her abscess drained and flushed.  That means multiple vet visits, two more weeks of antibiotics, and two more weeks of dressing changes.  We'll see what the vet says and if there is anything else we can try to make it work between the two cats.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails