Tuesday, November 4

New Beady Goodness

I have been a busy little girl when it comes to beady things.  I have been busy at work on some custom orders.  I finished up this bad boy at the end of last week.


 I'm in love with this one.  I love the beadwork and I love the way the pyramids look on it.  I'm dropping it off with it's new owner tomorrow, so I hope he likes it as much as I do.  If not, I would be happy to keep it myself, even though it would never fit me.


Speaking of custom orders, I've been working on my first custom gauntlet (this is for the same person as the cuff above).  The first one is a simpler one; rows of black metal pyramids with a single row of seed beads between each row of pyramids.  I'm pretty happy with how this is turning out.  It's not the easiest to sew through this leather, but it's doable.  Now I'm just waiting on more pyramids to arrive so I can finish this.  I'm hoping to have all the beadwork and studs in by this weekend, so I can get it glued and ready to go by next week.  That's my plan for now.


And last, but definitely not least, is the work I've accomplished on my solar system project.  I finished the embroidery work on Saturn's rings.  I'm very happy with how this turned out and I can't wait to start arranging it on the canvas.  Not only am I going to reach my goal of finishing this before the new year, but I think I might just finish it a month early.  Woot, woot!

  
A quick reminder to all my American readers out there.  Get to the polls and cast your vote.  J and I are going after he gets home from work.  GO VOTE!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails