Monday, January 19

Weekend Wrap Up

Another weekend has passed and another Monday is here.  This past weekend was nice, nothing too exciting happening here.  J and I did some shopping.  J got a new coffee maker, which made him quite a happy boy.  We went to a friends house to watch the playoff games (the game did not end very well) an then celebrated their son's 5th birthday.  It was nice.

I have been working on a new beady project.  I've been working on my first beaded tin.  It's been pretty fun.  I decided to start with a small tin and then I would work my way up to a larger one.  Hey, we got a ton of tins laying around the house after Christmas, I had to find something to do with them.

 
Here was my first attempt.  I liked the beads towards the inside, but just wasn't feeling the rest of it.  Sometimes that's how it works.  So I ripped out most of it and started over.


I'm much happier with the second attempt.  The little glass flowers add some dept and are also pretty fun. 


This is where I am right now.  I've started beading around the sides.  I'm pretty excited to get this done.  I should be able to finish this little guy up soon and then it's one to a bigger project.  I've already started thinking about what to do next. 

But before I start on another tin I should really finish up this guy.  I'm working on it, I promise.


So what did everyone else do this past weekend?  I'd love to hear about it. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails