Monday, May 18

Weekend Wrap Up

Wow, what a weekend! It was a busy, happy, celebratory time here! J graduated with his masters of engineering. Well, technically he graduated in December, but he got to walk the stage this past weekend at the UW Madison ceremony. It was a full day, that's for sure.



We had to get down to campus at 9:30am to pick up his gown and have class photos taken. I entertained his parents while he did this (we got some coffee/tea and sat at the terrace). He had decided to forgo the large UW ceremony (it was all graduates in Camp Randell) because it was very hot and humid and he was more excited about the afternoon ceremony (oh yes, there were two ceremonies). So we headed downtown to get some brunch (and I got myself a couple of bloody mary's). After brunch we headed up to the Kohl Center for the ceremony. It was a nice ceremony with all the engineering graduates.



I am so proud of everything he has accomplished. It's not easy getting a masters degree while still working full time and remodeling a home. I don't know if I could have done it. I'm proud of him and what ever the future hold for us.


And even though it was a super busy weekend, I did find a little bit of time to work on my latest custom project. I better hurry up, this is due next week. Fingers crossed I get it finished in time.


So how was everyone else weekend? Did you attend any graduation ceremonies or are you getting ready to do that? Did you enjoy the weather or did you have some of that scary spring weather? I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails