Monday, June 8

Weekend Wrap Up

Wow, what a weekend. This past weekend was the first weekend that we had nothing planned. NOTHING! It's so strange and weird when that happens. I feel like I'm forgetting something, but I'm wasn't. We decided to take full advantage of having nothing planned and just take it moment by moment. We went out for dinner a lot. A lot more then we should have, I'm a little ashamed of that, but sometimes you just have to go crazy. The weather was beautiful, so every meal we ate was outside. I love doing this, it's one of the main things I long for during winter. Who doesn't love eating outside?


With beautiful weather to enjoy, we decided to go to the zoo and check out the new Arctic exhibit. It was very nice. Madison has a completely free zoo. And it's amazing. It's not a big zoo and it' doesn't have a huge number of animals, but the exhibits are quite large and the work they do is amazing. Especially since it's FREE. They just welcomed a baby orangutang and are helping mom and dad become great parents. We didn't get to see her, but the pictures of her are adorable.


They also have two juvenile grizzly bears that are adorable together. They were playing together and were just so cute. The zoo will have them until they are adults and then they will more onto bigger and better places.


The new polar bears were also adorable. They have a restaurant in the park that is right on the polar bear exhibit, so you can eat with the bears. It was pretty neat. We didn't eat there, but I plan on doing so in the future.


They also had new prairie dog pups. Oh my, they were some of the most adorable things I've ever seen. I would have happily stayed all day and watched the little ones play.


And this guy just made me laugh. He had the cutest little face and was just hanging out by his pond. I got a ton of photos of him because I was just a little smitten with him. What can I say, I love turtles.


After the zoo we headed down to State St. for a little car show. They had some beautiful cars. We ate lunch at a little Nepalese place and just enjoyed the day together. It was so nice to not have to be anywhere.


On Sunday we just stayed home and worked on some stuff around the house. I started a new mixed media piece. Which I wasn't that into it at the beginning, but now I'm really starting to like it. It just goes to show, that first impressions aren't everything.

We also worked on my new bead storage. I am super excited about this and I can't wait to show it off. But no photos yet, I'm going to wait for the big reveal, which I'm hoping will be this week or the next. I plan on sanding and painting today and hopefully by mid week it will be put together and even possibly installed. I'll give you an update on that as soon as I have one.

So that's about all I accomplished this weekend. What was everyone else up to? Did you have plans or did you just roll with the punches? I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails