Thursday, January 5

Almost There

So I've been working my little butt off trying to finish up a large custom order.  Now don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate this order and I'm having fun designing and working on it, but I'm not going to lie, I'll be happy when it's done.  I just need a little time to work on other things and I definitely need time to work on my items for my jury pictures for this summer's art shows.


As you can see, I've finished one and have less then half on the second one.  Sorry for the aweful cell phone picture, my light box and photo equipment are still waiting to be set up in my studio (since I got kicked out of the back room).  These are the second bookmark design for this order.  The other one is this design, which I've shown before.


I still have two more of these to go, but luckily they are a lot smaller then the Brothertown bookmarks.


These babies are 2.5 inches wide and 8 inches long.  They are good size bookmarks.  And they are the dreaded single drop peyote.  Any one who beads and does peyote stitch will tell you that single drop takes the longest time.  And because I read patterns a little bit different then most people on my normal two drop designs, I had to re-learn how to read a pattern.  Let's just say that first work took me an hour or two to finally finish.  But luckily I've remembered how it's done and they are working up a lot faster. 

I'm hoping to have the second one done before this weekend, giving my plenty of time to finish up the other two clover bookmarks.  And with luck, I'll have my photo stuff set up again, and I can get GOOD pictures of these babies.  Then it's on to picking a color for the studio walls and getting that disaster organized.        

1 comment:

Rose Clearfield said...

I would be so ready to be done with that project, too! Single drop peyote with 11/0 seed beads drives me up the wall. Good luck finishing that up and working on your studio!

Related Posts with Thumbnails