Monday, January 23

Crochet!

Well I am finally done with my custom order. It's been two and a half months trying to design and bead 12 bookmarks (two of which are huge), but I'm finished. Now I just need to work on the design for her daughter's bookmark. But that one shouldn't be too hard. Ha, now that I said that, it's going to be a nightmare.  Luckily they are great to work with.  So, I am having a lot of fun doing these projects for them.

In not so bead related news, I've decided to give crochet another try.  It's seriously been about 14 maybe 15 years since I've even picked up a hook.  And well my original tries were, how can I put this, crap.  But I've been determined to give it another try and see how it goes.  
 

Here's a little scarf I'm working on.  I'm hoping it will help me get the technique down.  And no comments on how it looks.  This is only my second project.  My first project was a little dish cloth, which turned out pretty cute. 

As soon as I feel comfortable with the techniques, it's on to reading patterns and maybe making something other then squares and rectangles.  A cute little stuffed animal maybe.   

I also like it because I can work on it on the bus without ralphing all over the place.  Which is nice.

Look at me, trying to be a real Renaissance woman; sewing and crocheting.  Who the hell do I think I am?  But beads and glass are still my first love, nothing will change that.  But maybe I can incorporate beads into my crochet, who knows.

But now I must concentrate on getting art fair applications in.  It's that wonderful time of year again!  :-)   

2 comments:

Rose Clearfield said...

You could definitely incorporate beads into your crochet! Good luck with it.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? It looks great! Oh, and so good for you with all the custom orders lately!

Related Posts with Thumbnails