Wednesday, January 23

What's New?

Wow it has been a long time since my last post.  But fear not, I have been a busy girl making all sorts of awesome things.  I just seem to have lost track of time and forgot to share them with you here.  I'm sorry, I'll try and be better ;-)

So I have a new beaded painting that I finished up this week.  I'm pretty excited about it.  It's a remake of one of my favorite cuffs, just one a larger scale.  I'm not sure if any of you remember this cuff?


This is one of my all time favorite cuffs; my take on the Cheshire Cat from from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.  I made it for a challenge a LONG time ago, but it's always held a special place in my heart.  Lewis Carroll's books have always intrigued me and I love a lot of his characters.

So I decided to take my favorite cuff and make it into a beaded painting.  I mean, why not?  Well, this is what I came up with.


I decided to use a different color pallet this time, which was mostly based on "I'm not going to buy any more beads, unless I have to" rule I made for myself.  So, looking through my stash, I had a large number of the light purple beads, so that's what I decided to use.  I think the purple color is pretty nice, it gives it a little bit of a fantastical feel.

I then raided my glass leaves and flower beads for a bit more texture.  I like how it makes you think of when the Cheshire cat is talking to Alice from a tree.  He's peering through the branches, with that smile.  Is he evil or is he good?  You're never quite sure.


So what do you think?  How do you think it turned out?  And what have all of you been up to since we last chatted?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails