Tuesday, October 29

An Update and Some Custom Orders

Oh wow, it's been a week again since I last updated this blog.  I'm falling behind again.  Well the big reason I have been pretty absent everywhere online is because I'm just getting over a sinus infection.  I have been just exhausted and feeling like poop the last couple weeks.  But today I feel a lot better and I'm hoping to accomplish more then just snuggling under a blanket on the couch (because that has been my daily routine for the last week).

I mean I better get my butt in gear.  I have a holiday show this Saturday.  I have to put the finishing touches on our Halloween costumes (we're actually going out this year).  And I have a custom order I need to finish up.

I have, very slowly, finished a few of the custom orders on my plate.  I feel bad when I can't get things out in a timely fashion, but all of the projects have been finished before the projected date, so I still okay.


The first is a multistrand necklace.  I met this lovely woman at a local art show and she told me she had a necklace like this and loved it.  She also said that one of her co-workers and friends also really loved it and she would like to get one for her for Christmas.  So here it is.  I sent her a photo of it last night, I hope she likes it.


I also had an order for guitar string bracelet using gold strings.  I'm really happy with how it turned and and she loved to colors.  This was also a gift for a friend.  I love friends giving friends handmade gifts, it's great.


And last is a fun project that one of my best customers asked me to try.  She had brought me some fiber and wondered if I could use it to make some little beaded corn on the cobs.  This is what I came up with.  I think they are pretty cute.  What do you guys think?

Now I'm off to get ready for my next show and finish up my last custom order.  Oh yeah, and put the finishing touches on my Halloween costume, photos to come.

1 comment:

Rose Clearfield said...

The little corn cobs are so great! I hope that you're feeling better now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails