Monday, November 10

Monday's Weekend Recap

Another weekend has come and gone and now it's Monday again.  And what a dreary, overcast, cold Monday it is.  We are supposed to get our first snow fall today and tomorrow.  Good news, I don't live in northern WI, were they may get up to 14 inches snow.  I'm not quite ready for that.  I'm not quite ready to get that winter coat out, but with the weather predicted for this week, I think I'm going to have to.  Blah.  Someday I'll live somewhere that it's warm.  Someday.

This wasn't that exciting of a weekend around here.  J had a lot of homework to do because his final presentation is coming up soon.  His group is the first group to present at the beginning of December.  That's great because he'll be done early, but it's very stressful for him to get all that done in such a short period of time.  I'm so proud of that boy and I can't wait to throw him a huge party this December when he finishes up his masters.  So exciting.

So what did I do this weekend?  Hmmmm.  I recalibrated my laptop battery.  It's an exciting life I live.  But what did I do that was beady?  


Well I finished up a guitar string bracelet that is off to it's new home in MD.  I love these bracelets.  I have a few myself and I love to wear them all stacked up on my arm.  They are a lot of fun and I hope it's new owner loves it as much as I do.


I also got a little bit more work on the large red leather gauntlet done.  I'm about 80% done with the studs and beadwork.  I would like to finish this up this week so I can get it glued by this weekend.  I'm excited to see this finished because it is the first gauntlet I've ever made.


I even got a little bit of time to work on my solar system project.  I started attaching the planets to the canvas and adding some paint.  So far I only have the sun attached, but I plan on working on this today, so hopefully I'll have a couple more attached by the end of the day.  This might be the most exciting project I've done in a while.  I'm in love.

So that's what I accomplished this weekend.  Tomorrow I'll have an update on the artist reception at Ebling Library.  That was a pretty neat event.

Till then, stay creative.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails