Monday, January 12

Weekend Wrap Up

It has been quite a long time since I did a weekend wrap up.  I believe it was before Christmas, but I'm back to my normal schedule, so they should be regular occurrences again.  Maybe I should call this the holiday wrap up.  Let's go all the way back to before the holidays and see what I've been up too.

The holidays were good to me and the boy.  I got a number of gifts that looked like this.

 
I got five bottles of wine and a bottle of small batch whiskey.  Maybe I have a problem.  Oh wait, no, I like wine.  That's not a problem, that's just being classy. 

What else happened over the holidays?  I finished up a number of beady gifts.  They were all very well received.  I still have one more to give, but hopefully that will happen soon.

  This flower went to my MIL. 


And this one went to one of my good friends. 

There were five other ones, but I'll spare you all the photos right now.  I'll probably post some more later on.  Each one was made specifically for the person it was gifted too.  I had a lot of fun making them and plenty of them were a little outside my comfort box, but I think they all turned out pretty nice.

 
And after all that beadwork for friends and family, I decided I needed a little gift.  So, I made myself this pretty little brooch for my winter jacket.  I'm very happy with it. 


And lastly I made this little Oogie Boogie for one of J and I's good friend.  He's as big of fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas as I am, so I thought it was a nice little gift (we got him some other things as well). 

J is done with school.  As in, he's all graduated.  He now has his masters in mechanical engineering and all we have left is for him to walk the stage in May.  And because he's done with school, we got a bunch of things done around the house.  We did a lot of work on the family room so now it's a usable space for us to hang out.  We also got work done on my new studio space and I've been slowly moving in.  So I'll have some photos of that soon. 

Hmm, what else did we do over the holidays?  We spent a lot of time with family and friends.  We spent a lot of time together.  It was a nice little break, but now it's time to get back to the real world.  I'm hoping to get a new website up soon.  I'm hoping to get some new items in the store.  I'm hoping to improve my business.  All things that are possible. 

What did everyone else do over the holidays?  Did you travel?  Did you stay home?  What are you're plans for the new year?  I'd love to hear from you, the reader. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails